E-mail us: email@example.com
Still have questions or are ready to submit a manuscript?
RudderHaven and its imprints publish quality trade paperbacks and hardbacks in nearly any genre of fiction and non-fiction. However, there are firm guidelines that govern all submissions for both traditional contract publishing and pay-per-title publishing.
- We only accept electronic submissions. For text, please format as a .doc (not .docx) or .wpd file. For art, please format as a .psd, .jpg, or .tif file. Please zip all files. If your zip files exceed 2000mb, please break it up into multiple submissions with a clear subject line (MyBook Part I, II, etc.)
- Make sure that the document is formatted with 1.5" margins all the way around.
- Double-space all documents.
- Use Times New Roman 12-pt font only.
- Indent the first line of every paragraph, except the first paragraph.
- Number all pages at the bottom of the page, centered.
- If you have interior art, clearly tag the location in the text where you would like the art to appear in this fashion: <Place MyPic.tif Here> (Do not place the actual art in the document.)
- Keep it clean. We are a family-friendly publisher. No nudity, pornography, vulgar or profane language, vulgar or crude humor, graphic sex or tasteless innuendo, or graphic descriptions of blood and gore. Contrary to popular belief, this does not mean you have to water down your story. Skilled writers can convey all of the emotion and realism they need to, without resorting to the crutches listed above. While these things will not guarantee a rejection, be prepared for mandatory rewrites if your manuscript is accepted.
- Use your cover letter to tell us about yourself and explain why you think we should publish your work. Include a brief summary of what the book is about. Also indicate whether you are seeking a traditional contract or a self-funded pay-per-title contract.
- Do not send us a hard-copy manuscript.
- As mentioned above, no nudity, pornography, vulgar or profane language, vulgar or crude humor, graphic sex or tasteless innuendo, or graphic descriptions of blood and gore.
- Do not include a synopsis. No one writes a good synopsis. Let your work speak for itself.
- We try to respond to every submission, including rejections, but given our small size and potentially large number of inquiries, we cannot guarantee a response (or at least a timely response.)
- If we accept your manuscript, we will respond via e-mail with a contract, explaining our terms. If you are seeking a traditional contract, but your work does not meet the standards of our traditional imprints, we may offer a pay-per-title contract or suggest revisions to bring your manuscript up to our standards.